Thursday, May 28, 2015

My Personal Artifact

      I have been dancing since I was four years old and it is one of my greatest achievements.  Dance is my passion and I am always looking for new ways to improve.  It is my third year on the NBPS Dance Team where we compete against other schools.  This competition season, I have spent countless hours practicing in the dance room and perfecting our team competition dances.  I was nervous about competing this year although my team has done very well in the past.  Although it was nerve wracking, I was excited to showcase my talent and hopefully take home the winning trophy. On the day of competition, I got ready, stretched, gathered my dance bag, and headed out the door for the long drive to Miami.  When I got there, my nerves went away as our coach gave us a few inspiring words right before we went on stage.  I was in two dances.
      When we went to competitions it was so great walking into the building with NBD written on my chest. With all the nasty looks we get from winning doesn't bother me. All I care about is going out on the gym floor and killing it. When I get off the floor I want to say "I just killed it". I want to show everyone how hard I was working. With all the hard work I put in it always shows at the end. I know how proud my teachers are that I have improved so much. I chose to put my trophy because when we received it the emotion that we felt was insane. It will be a moment i will never forget

No comments:

Post a Comment